Sunday, April 19, 2009

Rain & Revelation

I have learned a couple of things this week about depression. I found out that some people receive prescriptions to go to the tanning bed to get the UV rays and some take vitamin D. Yesterday was such a nice day, Peanut and I bought flowers at Wal-Mart. I planted them during nap time and the demolition work in the yard. (we still have trees down from January's ice storm.) The sunshine was good for me and cheaper than a tanning bed!

Today, it is a rainy day. Days like this make it hard for anyone to get out of the house. We told P that it was God watering the grass. We went to church and listened to a wonderful sermon. (Go Beacon!)

Also, I heard this week that exercise helps depression. I know that logically, but sometimes it helps to hear it too. I just wonder how much it helps to take a vitamin D supplement. Most Americans don't get the daily recommended anything (fruits, veggies, vitamins, etc.) in our diets. I have made a more conscious effort to get more fiber.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures. Have a great week. Keep enjoying the sunshine!:0)
    Love,
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete